We will be discussing and signing copies of our book Long Island Oddities at the following dates and locations:
10/23/13 7PM Carle Place, Barnes and Noble
10/24/13 7PM Bay Shore, Barnes and Noble
10/30/13 7PM Lake Grove, Barnes and Noble
This estate house was built by John Jacob Astor, in 1820 and later owned by financier E.F. Hutton. It was used as a gun club for a good part of the nineteenth century.. There were quite a few gun clubs on Long Island at one time. By the 1970 suburban sprawl and property tax's pushed most to the wayside. It now sits vacant in a state of decay.